One of the things I am doing is working through an accreditation process to become a Freedom 5:one financial coach. One of my text books is Randy Alcorn’s book called The Treasure Principle. I loved it and was very challenged by it, so I thought I would give you a quick overview. Basically the premise of the book sources from Matthew 6:19-21, “do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” The outline of the book is as follows:
The Treasure Principle: You can’t take it with you but you can send it on ahead.
- God owns everything. I’m His money manager.
- My heart always goes where I put God’s money.
- Heaven, not earth, is my home.
- I should not live for this world but for eternity.
- Giving is the only antidote to materialism.
- God prospers me not to raise my standard of living, but to raise my standard of giving.